This blog is now hosted at consciou.us

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blacklist in CyanogenMod

If you are running CyanogenMod on your Android device, and are surprised that some people seem to not be able to call you (half a ring, then hangup), you probably accidentally blacklisted that user.

My hope was that there was some simple method to clear this blacklist (which essentially "killfile"s phone numbers).  Either I misunderstood the user interface, or there was something desperately broken, but I could not figure out a way to clear the blacklist.  So I went digging in the source (yeah for open source!).

Turns out there is a file called blacklist.dat that stores these numbers, so here's my brute force solution for clearing the phone black list:

  1. open terminal
  2. su
  3. rm /data/data/com.android.phone/files/blacklist.dat
  4. reboot
Reboot is required.  Do it now.

And now, your wife is able to call you again, contributing to marital harmony FTW.

PS- no, I didn't tell you that you need a rooted phone, since you don't have this issue unless your phone is rooted.

No comments: